Network Management

Contributor I

Getting Started with Python/REST/Pycharm and the CLI

Hi, 

I have a little experience but struggling with a few hurdles and wondering how everybody else as built their Python environment.

We have a range of Comware, ProCurve, ArubaOS plus other vendors and I want to get started with some scripts. I have a good idea of some programming tasks, I am struggling with my set-up.

I am running Windows, Installed PyCharm and I can code for RESTfulAPI, I need some backward compatibility with the CLI, so trying to run Ansible or Netmiko from pycharm but neither work. 

I know this isn't an Aruba problem but I wanted to know what other engineers in the industry do to build a python environment. 

At the moment I am going between Linux and Windows depending on what I am contacting.

Thanks

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Getting Started with Python/REST/Pycharm and the CLI

hey, you should check out the following YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJCnuXFGfEbwEzfcgU_ERQ

some videos on scripting with Aruba + Python + REST API on there.

ACCX#1050 ACMP CWDP CWSP
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks, I have spent some time watching the videos, really good resource. 

I was wondering what other people do about work flows and script repositories and IDE environment etc?

There doesn't seem to be a 1 thing fits all.

You also take a look at airrecorder (search the forums and download it from the support site under tools iirc) which runs as a jar (hence portable) and can handle routine log collection from the CLI of aos, comware etc.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: