Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Getting a scheduled report of an SSID's BSSID table

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Getting a scheduled report of an SSID's BSSID table

Posted May 21, 2018 12:40 PM

I'm missing it, if its possible... but is there a way to get a weekly report of all of one network's BSSIDs? (I'd prefer not to get every SSID, but just one.)

I know I can run show ap bss-table, but that gives me a lot of unnecessary info.

• 2.  RE: Getting a scheduled report of an SSID's BSSID table

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2018 01:05 PM

show ap bss-table | include <name of ssid>

• 3.  RE: Getting a scheduled report of an SSID's BSSID table

Posted May 21, 2018 01:07 PM

I want to schedule it though. 

Is there a way to add custom report items? I didn't see when I looked.

• 4.  RE: Getting a scheduled report of an SSID's BSSID table

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2018 10:37 AM

Are the SSIDs in the network changing a lot?  If you're seeing a lot of new SSIDs being configured, typically the best way to catch that would be through config audit report.

Otherwise, you could run the client session report and it'd show a pie chart for the SSIDs that have client sessions - when you use the 'Session Data by SSID' widget.  Would need to isolate the portion of the network into either a group or folder for easier reporting (or from full list of all AP/Devices -> create a list view that filters down to the devices that you're trying to report on -> then use the pencil on the top right to perform a run report against devices from a custom view - this escapes the need for group/folder changes).  Give it a try and let me know if it's close to what you're looking for.

• 5.  RE: Getting a scheduled report of an SSID's BSSID table

Posted May 24, 2018 02:59 PM

Rob,

No, the SSIDs are not changing a lot. I'm only interested in one of them anyway--but I want to have an up to date list of every BSSID that is part of that SSID.

I basically want to get a regular delivery of "show ap bss-table"... is that not one of the options from report definitions?

• 6.  RE: Getting a scheduled report of an SSID's BSSID table
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2018 03:40 PM

Not currently, that'd be a feature request.

• 7.  RE: Getting a scheduled report of an SSID's BSSID table

Posted May 24, 2018 04:35 PM

Also, how about some filter options for show ap bss-table

• 8.  RE: Getting a scheduled report of an SSID's BSSID table

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2018 10:16 AM

Currently it's just the raw embedded commands as-is.  It sounds like a great feature request to be able to run cmds on a controller periodically.  I like your thinking!