Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Having problems moving APs from one group to another

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Having problems moving APs from one group to another

Posted Aug 30, 2016 06:51 AM

I created a group for a building and after construction they changed the name of the building so I created a new group with the new name but can move the AP's into new group I hjave 215 AP's and a 7210 Controller.

• 2.  RE: Having problems moving APs from one group to another

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 30, 2016 07:00 AM

Where are you having problems moving it?

You should go to Configuration> Wireless> AP Installation to change the AP groups of devices.  The APs have to reboot when you change groups.

• 3.  RE: Having problems moving APs from one group to another

Posted Sep 12, 2016 06:52 AM

Was unable to move 14 out 16, had 2 that would allow the move the rest after apply and reboot went back to the original location. Question firmware on AP's

• 4.  RE: Having problems moving APs from one group to another

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 07:53 AM
    Moving APs from one group to another should work every time. Please open a tac case so that they can diagnose your issue.

• 5.  RE: Having problems moving APs from one group to another

Posted Jan 03, 2017 07:06 AM

Try to look at -> Network > Controller >Control Plane Security 

if Enabled look check "Number of AP Whitelist Entries" Maybe some of them are listed there as whitelist and thus blocked from movement. 

In my case it helps: 

first change Control plane security entry to proper ip-group than from AP installation > provision AP to different group.

• 6.  RE: Having problems moving APs from one group to another

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2017 11:55 AM

should this happen again in the future, the 1st thing to check is the license key.  Also keep watch for errors in /var/log/httpd/error_log when attempting to move the devices between groups.

• 7.  RE: Having problems moving APs from one group to another

Posted Sep 04, 2017 08:17 PM

MarcinD's advice helped with my new deployment of AP-335s, with some of them "thinking" they were part of the group from my old 3600 controller.

Thanks! This was driving me nuts for days...