Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Hello to all%21 I would like to know if is there any way to have a report on Airwave...

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Hello to all%21 I would like to know if is there any way to have a report on Airwave...

Posted Jun 03, 2016 11:17 AM

Hi to all, I would like to know if it is possible to take a report using Airwave and have the detailes status of all my Access Points to see the ports if is on 100 fast or 1000Giga, and also if those AP are in power save mode.

• 2.  RE: Hello to all%21 I would like to know if is there any way to have a report on Airwave...

• 3.  RE: Hello to all%21 I would like to know if is there any way to have a report on Airwave...

Posted Jun 03, 2016 11:33 AM

Hi, thank you for your answer, I found this post:

This shows the type field:

dbcsv "select ap.name,ap.type,interface.if_speed_in,interface.oper_status from ap INNER JOIN interface ON ap.id=ap_id WHERE interface.oper_status=1" > intspeeds.csv

Type ID and AP Type

270, rap2

296, 105

369, 175

415, rap3

464, 225

But I really don't get the ideia because I cannnot edit any field in Airwave, can you tell me if Am I doing anything wrong ?

I am running this version of Airwave 8.2.0.2

• 4.  RE: Hello to all%21 I would like to know if is there any way to have a report on Airwave...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2016 11:35 AM

Try this:  

dbcsv "SELECT ap.name,interface.if_speed_in/1000000 AS connection_speed FROM ap INNER JOIN interface ON ap.id=ap_id WHERE interface.oper_status=1 ORDER BY connection_speed,ap.name" > ./intspeeds.csv

• 5.  RE: Hello to all%21 I would like to know if is there any way to have a report on Airwave...

Posted Jun 03, 2016 11:40 AM

I've tried it, take a look:

02.PNG

Is that right ?

• 6.  RE: Hello to all%21 I would like to know if is there any way to have a report on Airwave...
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2016 11:46 AM

Try it without the line break between the i and the d:

dbcsv "SELECT ap.name,interface.if_speed_in/1000000 AS connection_speed FROM ap INNER JOIN interface ON ap.id=ap_id WHERE interface.oper_status=1 ORDER BY connection_speed,ap.name" > ./intspeeds.csv

• 7.  RE: Hello to all%21 I would like to know if is there any way to have a report on Airwave...

Posted Jun 03, 2016 11:51 AM

Hi,

I tried it again and I think it worked:

03.PNG

Let me know if I type it in the right place, I put those comands on the Airwave logged as a Root. So if this were correct, where should I get those reports in cvs ?

• 8.  RE: Hello to all%21 I would like to know if is there any way to have a report on Airwave...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2016 11:53 AM

Type "cat intspeeds.csv"

• 9.  RE: Hello to all%21 I would like to know if is there any way to have a report on Airwave...

Posted Jun 03, 2016 12:02 PM

That's great, it work like a champs.

04.PNG

Just one more question, once I run it, it will get all the information of my Ap's right ?

Which should I add in this command line to get also the information if the AP is in Power saved mode ?

• 10.  RE: Hello to all%21 I would like to know if is there any way to have a report on Airwave...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2016 12:09 PM

Unfortunately, that information is not stored in Airwave.  You will have to run the command below on your controller for all of your APs to find out which ones are in power save, or not:

(Aruba7640-US) #show ap debug system-status ap-name Office-225 | begin Power 
    Power Status
    ------------
    Operational State          POE-AT: No restrictions
    -----------------          -----------------------
    Current HW State           POE-AT: No restrictions

• 11.  RE: Hello to all%21 I would like to know if is there any way to have a report on Airwave...

Posted Jun 03, 2016 12:11 PM

I undertand! However, I appreciate so much your help in this task.

Thank you :)