Network Management

Guru Elite

Re: ACS 5.5 with Airwave 8.0.20

Contributor I

None of those options are in ACS 5.5 for radius. I'm using AirWave Management Platform 8.2.0.

Guru Elite

Only the Airwave instructions.  Not the TACACS ones.

We only want you configure Airwave so that you at least see the authentications coming in at the TACACS server... 

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

I did set it up.

Guru Elite

Please open a TAC case.  It is hard to know what is wrong from the limited information here.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

I'm using Radius.

Guru Elite

Radius uses either port 1645 or 1812 for authentication, not 1700.  I would change the port in Airwave to either 1645 or 1812, instead of 1700.

The port 1700 in the TACACS server is for COA, which is different from authentication.

That would explain why you are not seeing anything.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

On the ACS Server it only has the COA port which is 1700. I changed it to 1812. still cant log in.

Guru Elite

Again, the COA port should not be changed, because it has nothing to do with authentication.  The Radius Server automatically answers on 1645 or 1812 for authentication.  

What do you use the ACS server for right now?

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

I use it for wireless authentication, device management of aruba controllers and cisco switches. I dont get it. Its not evening getting past the Airwave device.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: