Network Management

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I delete AP from virtual controller if it isn't seem on AirWave

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  How can I delete AP from virtual controller if it isn't seem on AirWave

Posted Nov 28, 2018 02:52 AM

Hi,

I have an AirWave system with many groups. One in of these groups if I check the group's virtual controller web interface I can see one AP (what is inactive - marked by red text). This AP cannot appear if I check this group also in AirWave. Even if the virtual controller managed by AirWave I can't change noting in the virtual controller's web interface, I should change it from AirWave, but how if I can't see this AP in AirWave management?

It is very important to delete this AP from virtual connect because I think in the past this AP got a static IP address what has connected to the MAC and I can't set up this IP for another AP in this group.

• 2.  RE: How can I delete AP from virtual controller if it isn't seem on AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 28, 2018 06:41 AM

Do you want to remove down IAP from airwave or VC? We can delete down IAP from Down tab in Airwave.

• 3.  RE: How can I delete AP from virtual controller if it isn't seem on AirWave

Posted Nov 28, 2018 10:41 AM

I want to remove AP from VC what is managed by AirWave, but in the AirWave \ Groups \ MyGroupName cannot shown up this AP what I want to remove. So this is the only one reason why want to delete it fom VC. I've attached screenshot of this to represent it. You can see the related AP in the VC_AP_Snip.png file (highlighted with red) and in the AirWave_AP_Snip there isn't shown up this AP where can see the all APs in the AirWave Group.

• 4.  RE: How can I delete AP from virtual controller if it isn't seem on AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 11, 2018 02:26 PM

We haven't seen this before, please open up a TAC case and they can see if it's just stale data on the local VC that isn't passed on to AirWave.

• 5.  RE: How can I delete AP from virtual controller if it isn't seem on AirWave

Posted Nov 27, 2019 06:51 PM

Was this ever resolved?
    We've just replaced a faulty AP in Airwave (using Replace in the modify devices area), and that worked with the new AP now showing with the original name ... however we still have the old AP showing as down on the VC. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete the faulty AP from the VC.

• 6.  RE: How can I delete AP from virtual controller if it isn't seem on AirWave

Posted Oct 20, 2020 04:51 PM

I have the same problem.  I removed an IAP from the network, but I don't see any way to make the VC forget about that IAP. 

I would also like to know how to purge old IAPs from the cluster.