Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I report on AP power status?

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  How do I report on AP power status?

Posted Aug 25, 2016 05:58 AM

Hi, I dont see any option in AMP to report on whether an AP is in full or restricted mode.  I would like to produce a report that shows how many AP220 and AP320 series APs are in restricted mode because 802.3.af has been supplied rather than 802.3.at.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: How do I report on AP power status?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2016 07:59 AM

The power status (running at POE vs. POE+) is not a parameter that is collected by Airwave, so you cannot run a report on it.  It can be pulled if you run the command "show ap tech-support ap-name <name of ap> | begin "Power Status".  It would look like this:

Power Status

------------

Operational State          POE-AT: No restrictions

-----------------          -----------------------

Current HW State           POE-AT: No restrictions

LLDP Negotiated POE Power  0.0W

You have two choices:

In Airwave there is a dropdown at the AP level that allows you to run "show ap tech-support" one AP at a time and you can search the output for "Power Status":

ap-tech-support.png

You can then search the popup pane for "Power Status" to find out the power.  

The method above can get laborious with alot of APs, so your other option is to use Airrecorder in the tools folder (Requires Login) https://support.arubanetworks.com/ToolsResources/tabid/76/DMXModule/514/EntryId/11035/Default.aspx to run the command "0,show ap tech-support ap-name %{ap:name} | begin “Power Status” to have it run that command on all of the APs on a controller.

Please let me know if you need help with any of this..

• 3.  RE: How do I report on AP power status?

Posted Aug 25, 2016 08:20 AM

Thanks, we have almost 900 APs in the estate with another 200 being commissioned upto Xmas so whilst it is good to know the single device check but the tool you mention is not something we are aware of. 

Thanks for the quality feedback

Regards

Gareth

• 4.  RE: How do I report on AP power status?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2016 08:26 AM

There might be one more option.  If those APs might also be running at 100 megs, you can SSH into airwave and run a command on Airwave to see all devices and what speed they are running at:

dbcsv "SELECT ap.name,interface.if_speed_in/1000000 AS connection_speed FROM ap INNER JOIN interface ON ap.id=ap_id WHERE interface.oper_status=1 ORDER BY connection_speed,ap.name" > ./intspeeds.csv

This would save all of the names of the devices and their speeds into the file intspeeds.csv and then you can type "cat intspeeds.csv" to see all of the speeds

• 5.  RE: How do I report on AP power status?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2016 08:39 AM

In my tiny lab network, it just made me realize that one of my APs, Office-225 is running at 100 megs:

[root@localhost mercury]# dbcsv "SELECT ap.name,interface.if_speed_in/1000000 AS connection_speed FROM ap INNER JOIN interface ON ap.id=ap_id WHERE interface.oper_status=1 ORDER BY connection_speed,ap.name" > ./intspeeds.csv
    [root@localhost mercury]# ls
    bin/		    Makefile.dev	       src/
    install/	    Makefile.logs	       support_sshtunnel/
    intspeeds.csv	    Makefile.PG_MAJOR_VERSION  tools/
    lib/		    mibs/		       version.txt
    Makefile	    scripts/
    Makefile.constants  setuid-scripts/
    [root@localhost mercury]# cat intspeeds.csv
    Aruba7005-US,0
    Aruba7005-US,0
    Aruba7005-US,0
    Office-225,100  <------
    Aruba7005-US,1000
    Office-325,1000
    IAP-135-Test,

Unfortunately, the power status is not collected, so if interface speed is one thing you would be looking at, this is a good start.

• 6.  RE: How do I report on AP power status?

Posted Jan 25, 2019 02:51 PM

So now that full SSH access has been removed from Airwave is there any way to report on speed or power status? I have a customer with thousands of APs and they want to be able to report on devices running with low POE. 

• 7.  RE: How do I report on AP power status?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2019 09:36 AM

7440089418501845277.png

This is in 8.3.0.4

It should also be in 8.2.2.2 and 8.4.0.0

Screenshot 2019-01-28 at 08.35.55.png