Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

How do you assign access to apprf to a read-only user in airwave 8.0.11 ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How do you assign access to apprf to a read-only user in airwave 8.0.11 ?

Posted Mar 02, 2016 02:47 PM

I cannot get access to apprf data unless logged in as admin on an airwave 8.0.11 server.

If I create a new role with admin priviledge, then apprf is showing, but not if I create it as read-only, or use the builtin read-only role.

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

• 2.  RE: How do you assign access to apprf to a read-only user in airwave 8.0.11 ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 02, 2016 02:52 PM
    This is currently not possible. You could leverage reports however.

• 3.  RE: How do you assign access to apprf to a read-only user in airwave 8.0.11 ?

Posted Mar 02, 2016 02:54 PM

OK.

Thank you for your answer.

• 4.  RE: How do you assign access to apprf to a read-only user in airwave 8.0.11 ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 03, 2016 04:06 AM

Hi,

It is currently not possible. However, we have feature request submitted for this. You can promote this feature from the below link,

https://na27.salesforce.com/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08733000000HBUU

Thank you.

Vishnu

• 5.  RE: How do you assign access to apprf to a read-only user in airwave 8.0.11 ?

Posted May 05, 2016 12:56 PM

Link is employee only. I would like to contribute to the feature request.

• 6.  RE: How do you assign access to apprf to a read-only user in airwave 8.0.11 ?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2016 11:03 AM
      |   view attached

Hi! I had the same issue with a customer and this is resolved on the 8.2.2 version of AirWave, because an option has been added to allow AppRF visibility on an read-only user... More information about how to configure it, can be found on the release notes: https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=22595

Attached you can see the new available option

Hope this helps!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dayana Salcedo Cherubini

HPE Aruba Systems Engineer

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If the information on this post helped you, please give me kudos!