Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

How do you get to the logs?

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  How do you get to the logs?

Posted Nov 04, 2015 02:44 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to track down any reason for some workstations to lose internet access.  I always find out about it after the fact so I have no details.  Are there any logs either in the web interface for the virtual controller of a cluster or in airwave?

• 2.  RE: How do you get to the logs?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 04, 2015 08:05 AM

If this is Aruba instant, go to More> Support and run the command "ap log user".

• 3.  RE: How do you get to the logs?

Posted Nov 04, 2015 09:56 AM

Thanks

• 4.  RE: How do you get to the logs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 04, 2015 10:02 AM

Did you see the article here?  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/How-to-troubleshoot-user-connectivity-issues-on-Instant-AP/ta-p/82142

Please keep in mind, you will only see something if a client timed out of the table, roamed, or the AP disassociated the client.  If a client gets disconnected because of interference, or cannot get enough airtime to transmit or is out of range, it will not show up there.  That information would have to be obtained on the client, somehow.  The priority is to design a network that has enough capcity, coverage and is designed to be resilient to interference and congestion.  When you do that, if there are issues, they are minimized.  It is not feasible to debug each client realtime, so you have to create an environment for most clients to be successful, then troubleshoot the outliers.  If all clients are having a problem, how the network is designed and provisioned needs to be looked at.  If it is a single client, that client needs to be troubleshot.