Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

How much downtime do I need to plan for, to update from 7.7.10 to 8.2?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  How much downtime do I need to plan for, to update from 7.7.10 to 8.2?

Posted Dec 26, 2016 10:32 AM

I am new to Aruba and Airwave. I need to do an update from 7.7.10 to 8.2. I know I need to go to 8.0 first. I am unsure if I need to update my CentOS as well, or if I can keep the version at 6.2. I also looking for an estimated downtime to complete both updates so I can plan the best time to do the updates. Any help would be welcome.

• 2.  RE: How much downtime do I need to plan for, to update from 7.7.10 to 8.2?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 27, 2016 04:38 AM
    You do not need to upgrade Centos.
    The amount of time it would take varies greatly depending on the size of your dataset, the horsepower of your computing device, the speed of your disk subsystem and how much memory your server has. I would take a backup so that you can always go back to where you were before the upgrade.

• 3.  RE: How much downtime do I need to plan for, to update from 7.7.10 to 8.2?

Posted Dec 27, 2016 09:50 AM

When I upgrade Aruba Instant, am I able to skip from the firmware I currently use to the most current firmware or do I need to sequentially update firmware as well? And which do I need to upgrade first, the firmware on my AP's or the Airwaves?

• 4.  RE: How much downtime do I need to plan for, to update from 7.7.10 to 8.2?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 27, 2016 11:16 AM
    If you are not managing the configuration for Instant in Airwave, the instant firmware update is not tied to the version of Airwave whatsoever. If you are using IGC (instant graphical configuration) to configure instant APs, there are configuration elements that are tied to Airwave, and those need to be in place to configure Instant with OGC for newer versions of Instant ...