Network Management

Occasional Contributor I

How to get automatic config backups of Airwave managed switches

Hello All

We have HP Aruba switches and I deployed Airwave recently. I registered switches to Airwave and it works great. I want to schedule Airwave to take config backup switches periodically and automatically. But I didn't find such a menu. I am not sure if this feature exists or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your attention. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Re: How to get automatic config backups of Airwave managed switches

Hi

As on today we dont have option to schedule Aruba OS switches config backup but as others said we can do on demand backup. This is possible to do and will be a new feature request

Thanks

Sandeep

Aruab Airwave Engineering Team

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Contributor II

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a way to set a dedicated Backup schedule

If you have "aduit configuration" enabled at the group level, airwave should take backups automatically. I notice mine happen about every time a config change happens. (I imagine a SNMP trap is sent that triggers a backup)

If you go the device page in Airwave, then go to the config page, do you see any backups?

Chris Wickline | Network Engineer | York College of Pennsylvania
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

I can take config backup to Airwave. But my concern here is I want to take backups to another TFTP server periodically. 

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Hi

As on today we dont have option to schedule Aruba OS switches config backup but as others said we can do on demand backup. This is possible to do and will be a new feature request

Thanks

Sandeep

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Hi

As on today we dont have option to schedule Aruba OS switches config backup but as others said we can do on demand backup. Also  it is possible to do and its a new feature request

Thanks

Sandeep

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks for the information. It is a very important feature, I think. Almost all of our clients who use airwave asking me that. I hope it will release soon.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Hello - I'm trying to do the same thing you are. Did you ever get a response regarding when this feature will be available? We recently upgraded AirWave to 8.2.10.0, but I still don't see anything like what you're describing. For many years I've been able to have a 'save configuration' script run every night, along with downloading a copy of the running config to a server, by using Solar Winds Orion - but we are no longer using that product and I can't seem to find anything else that does it in such a straightforward manner. Here's hoping we see this added soon!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, airwave make automatic backup of switches at Nightly Maintenance Time (You can check the time in AMP Setup tab).

But it only will do when you change the configuration of the switch.

If you didn't make changes, it won't backup again.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: