Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

I had to move Airwave - it has lost it's IP information

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  I had to move Airwave - it has lost it's IP information

Posted Sep 11, 2019 04:28 AM

Hi,

I had to move the disk of Airwave on a Hyper-V host to another Hyper-V host.  I had to set up a new VM and then add the existing disk however it has now lost it's IP information - problem is as it is now locked down I can't get in to edit the network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file 

Is there any way around this or will I have to involve support?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: I had to move Airwave - it has lost it's IP information

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 11, 2019 05:38 AM

Are you not able to console directely in to Airwave VM instance itself ?  We wont be able to SSH in to server, if we server does not have IP address but can console.

May I know the Airwave verison? If it is 8.2.6 and above , login in to AMPCLI, and choose option 8 (Advanced)>> Configure Network Settings

Advanced
    1 Restart Application
    2 Reboot System
    3 Configure Network Settings

If you still have issues in configure network setting, reach TAC.

• 3.  RE: I had to move Airwave - it has lost it's IP information

Posted Sep 11, 2019 05:45 AM

Yeah it is 8.2.6 and trying to go to the configuration network settings it says

Oh,Oh

We have an interface file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts for eth0 but it has no corresponding hardware

• 4.  RE: I had to move Airwave - it has lost it's IP information

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 11, 2019 06:33 AM

It looks MAC address has been changed in eth0 file in /etc/ directory we need to manually update for that we need to mount Airwave ISO and get in to linux rescue mode to make changes.

Open TAC ticket.

• 5.  RE: I had to move Airwave - it has lost it's IP information

Posted Sep 11, 2019 06:36 AM

Hi Pavan,

I have managed to fix it.

You are correct it seen a new mac address so was incrememtning the ethernet interfaces.

To fix I went back to my old Airwave VM and got the mac address assigned to the eth0 interface.  I then used a static mac address on the new VM and set it to the same mac as the previous machine.  It has now booted with correct IP information.

Thanks

Scott

• 6.  RE: I had to move Airwave - it has lost it's IP information

Posted Sep 13, 2019 02:12 AM

Which Linux Distribution are you using? Modern Linux installations often do not use the elder "ethX" naming scheme anymore.

An example (from my desktop) running ArchLinux:

*-network
                 description: Ethernet interface
                 product: Ethernet Connection (5) I219-LM
                 vendor: Intel Corporation
                 physical id: 1f.6
                 bus info: pci@0000:00:1f.6
                 logical name: eno1
                 version: 00
                 serial: d8:9e:f3:33:41:39
                 size: 1Gbit/s
                 capacity: 1Gbit/s
                 width: 32 bits
                 clock: 33MHz
                 capabilities: pm msi bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
                 configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=e1000e driverversion=3.2.6-k duplex=full firmware=0.1-4 ip=192.168.114.138 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes port=twisted pair speed=1Gbit/s
                 resources: irq:31 memory:92f00000-92f1ffff

As you can see, the device has got an alias name of "eno1".

You can have a look with tools like dmidecode, lshw, lspci for the specific network device you should configure for your VM.