Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP strange behaviour with Airwave

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP strange behaviour with Airwave

Posted Feb 02, 2017 05:45 AM

Hi
    My end user has an AirWave platform installed with 70 IAPs connected to it.
    They purchased additionnal IAPs recently with AirWave license.
    New IAPs jointed the existing cluster and jointed AirWave.
    From this time, the too added IAPs are with status Configuration Unkown
    The other IAPs in this cluster are in verifying status.
    They all are seen in Airwave with manage mode. (verified with ap debug cli command)
    We can reboot them remotely
    We are not able to cover the mismatch alert and the behaviour of the system looks like the IAPs are in Read only mode
    Firmware is
    6.4.2.6-4.1.1.10
    AirWave version is 8.2
    Each time we try to force by different way a communication, we got such messages from AirWave:
    No selected devices support polling
    No selected devices support reprovisionning
    etc...
    I' think of a corrupted firmware on IAP's on this cluster as all other groups and  cluters are with good status. My idea would be to delete IAP's from Airwave, then reload them with new firmware locally and then force them to connect to Airwave back again!

But before and as end user does not want to stop wifi connections (all IAPs are accepting WLAN clients) i would like to know if anyone experienced such a behaviour and maybe there is a parameter I'm missing?

Thx in advance for your help
    Elie

• 2.  RE: IAP strange behaviour with Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 02, 2017 07:01 AM

Please open a TAC case in parallel to this post.  It could be any number of things.

• 3.  RE: IAP strange behaviour with Airwave
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 10, 2017 03:54 AM

Hi

Thanks to Joseph for his reply :-)

The problem is resolved. There was an audit option in basic configuration applied to this particular group which was not activated.

We also had to delete the cluster from Airwave and force it to comeback again to the group: Now, every thing is ok and good status is displayed in Airwave.

EB