Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Increasing disk space on standalone Airwave server.

This thread has been viewed 76 times
  • 1.  Increasing disk space on standalone Airwave server.

Posted Feb 18, 2018 09:14 AM
      |   view attached

We are trying to increase the disk space on our Airwave server from 1TB to 2TB. We are running Airwave 8.2.3.1 on an HP DL 380P Gen 8 with a Raid 5 disk array with eight 300GB drives. When I do a df -h it still shows the original size of the VolGroup00-LogVol00. Our server people ran a command listed in the file below. I opened a ticket with TAC and they said I had to wait for the system to resync itself for the new space to show??????? Is this right? I have had these new drives in for over two weeks. If I have to blow the system out and reinstall it I will (I really would rather not) but I have to remember to get a backup transferred off they system every morning. If I don't I losse up to six hours of data. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• 2.  RE: Increasing disk space on standalone Airwave server.

Posted Feb 18, 2018 09:30 AM
    What is your historical data retention settings at? Under amp setup

How many devices are you monitoring?

Try reducing some of the days in that menu. Don't put 0 because it won't age out the data. Give it a day so the nightly maintenance can run and check again.

Also, you should really be running airwave in a RAID-10 not 5. It is very I/O intensive with lots of database writes.

• 3.  RE: Increasing disk space on standalone Airwave server.

Posted Feb 18, 2018 03:27 PM

The volume will not extend automatically. You need to extend the physical volume and the logical volume by your own. The machine is using LVM so it's really flexible. Please see http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Monitoring-Management-Location/Resizing-CentOS-LVM-inside-VM/ta-p/174334

This article shows how to extend the volume. A new partition will be created and added to the same volume. Because you have already extend the RAID set (make sure you have also extend the volume) the new disk space should be visable. It's also possible to extend the same partition at OS level.

Regards,

• 4.  RE: Increasing disk space on standalone Airwave server.

Posted Feb 18, 2018 06:40 PM

Thanks for the info. The Article is for a VM syste. Our system is a standalone server.

• 5.  RE: Increasing disk space on standalone Airwave server.

Posted Feb 19, 2018 02:13 AM

Yes indeed. However, the steps to extend the disk are the same except the resizing add VMware level. For you this is the extend add hardware level. Extend the RAID set AND volume and following the steps as described. 

• 6.  RE: Increasing disk space on standalone Airwave server.

Posted Mar 25, 2019 11:51 AM

Does this work on 8.2.7?  I am in the console menu and i see no options to get me into shell.

• 7.  RE: Increasing disk space on standalone Airwave server.

Posted Mar 25, 2019 12:02 PM

Only if you have root access. Otherwise you should contact support to extend the disk within the Linux system

• 8.  RE: Increasing disk space on standalone Airwave server.

Posted Mar 25, 2019 12:16 PM

I'm guessing ampadmin isn't root access?

• 9.  RE: Increasing disk space on standalone Airwave server.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2019 12:25 PM

From 8.2.4 code we have blocked root access and provided limited ampadmin access. To increase disk space we have to increase LVM partitions for that we need root access and only TAC can decrypt the key and login to root SHELL.

Open TAC ticket.