Network Management

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Integrating Airwave with Active DIrectory through Freeradius

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Integrating Airwave with Active DIrectory through Freeradius

Posted Feb 16, 2018 05:32 PM

Hello community, basically what I am trying to do is authenticate wireless users in my network using active directory credentials. To achieve that, i am trying to conect an installed Airwave to Active Directory using Freeradius as the radius service.

I know there may be better solutions with other software, but I beg you to give me a hand if you can giving me some hindsights of how to conect these three together

Thank you in advance

• 2.  RE: Integrating Airwave with Active DIrectory through Freeradius

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2018 07:21 PM

Integrating AD with Freeradius is one thing.

Integrating Airwave with Freeradius is another thing.  How do you want to integrate Airwave with Freeradius?

• 3.  RE: Integrating Airwave with Active DIrectory through Freeradius

Posted Feb 19, 2018 03:34 PM
    The end goal of this is for Airwave to use AD credentials to authenticate wireless users

#AirheadsMobile

• 4.  RE: Integrating Airwave with Active DIrectory through Freeradius

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2018 03:55 PM

To Authenticate Wireless management users?  Airwave cannot authenticate wireless users.

• 5.  RE: Integrating Airwave with Active DIrectory through Freeradius

Posted Feb 19, 2018 05:05 PM
    Sorry, I meant to say that I want Airwave to connect to a radius server (in this case freeradius). Then I want freeradius to use active directory credentials to authenticate uses Since I am a bit new to this subject, maybe my ideas in the subject are still a little fuzzy

#AirheadsMobile

• 6.  RE: Integrating Airwave with Active DIrectory through Freeradius

Posted Feb 19, 2018 05:05 PM
    Sorry, I meant to say that I want Airwave to connect to a radius server (in this case freeradius). Then I want freeradius to use active directory credentials to authenticate uses Since I am a bit new to this subject, maybe my ideas in the subject are still a little fuzzy

#AirheadsMobile

• 7.  RE: Integrating Airwave with Active DIrectory through Freeradius

Posted Feb 19, 2018 05:50 PM

Airwave is a network monitoring / management solution. You cannot authenticate network users against Airwave. For wireless user authentication against AD, probably you must use Clearpass.