Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Issue ZTP : Error Message "Cannot Authorize Whitelist Devices"

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Issue ZTP : Error Message "Cannot Authorize Whitelist Devices"

Posted May 02, 2019 08:05 AM

Hello Everyone,

I need some help and maybe someone could tell where I'm doing wrong.

It's maybe not a big issue but I don't have the solution anyway.

Here is my context configuration :

I'm trying to do a full ZTP push configuration on switches with AirWave whitout any human manual operations. Do this I've confgured my AirWave like this :

1) Set AirWave to use whitelist authorization

2) Import a CSV file with some custom variables and the madatory informations like "Name" "LAN MAC Address" "Serial Number" etc...

3) Configure a DHCP Server with 43 and 60 option

The switch is discovered without any problem but ... When I'm trying to provision it, I got this message "Cannot Authorize Whitelist Devices" (see below).

AIRWAVE-ZTP-ISSUE.PNG

Is anyone could help me to solve this ? And explain me why I've got this message ?

Thank a lot,

• 2.  RE: Issue ZTP : Error Message "Cannot Authorize Whitelist Devices"
    Best Answer

Posted May 02, 2019 10:31 AM

Hello everyone,

I've made a missunderstood of how the provisionning works with Withelist. It's a completely normal behavior.

When you are using CSV file for autoprovisionning switches/Ap by ZTP, you will have :

1) First import your CSV file containing all the switches and Aps that you want to provsionning

2) Boot your switches and.or Aps and when they will contact AirWave, they will use the withelist to prosivion them; so you don't/can't provision manually equipement when you are configured AirWave with Whitelist autoprovisionning method.

All my apologies for the post