Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Issues with the automatic backup in Airwave 8.2.5.1

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Issues with the automatic backup in Airwave 8.2.5.1

Posted Mar 02, 2018 06:43 PM

Was really excited when we upgraded Airwave to 8.2.5.1 to find the new menu CLI includes an automatic backup utility via SCP, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Anyone else got it to work? My destination is a Windows 7 machine running the Solarwinds free SFTP/SCP server. My reports are backing up fine using SCP to the same host but with the airwave backups the tar.gz files tries to copy but never appears on my server but looking at the upload logs in the SCP server it's trying to copy the file to a path called "//ampbackup.tar.gz", this is because the location I used was "userx@hosty:/" .. I had to add the / as the CLI won't let me put "hosty:" I'm wondering if the // is making the path not work properly.

Hope someone else has this working ok.

• 2.  RE: Issues with the automatic backup in Airwave 8.2.5.1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2018 12:46 PM

I didn't have any luck with Solarwinds, but I did get it to work with Bitvise SSHD.  It's a possible cipher issue w/ Solarwinds that is being investigated.

• 3.  RE: Issues with the automatic backup in Airwave 8.2.5.1

Posted Mar 04, 2018 01:03 PM

Thanks for your advice Rob. Is there any logs I can check in Airwave to help Aruba troubleshoot?

• 4.  RE: Issues with the automatic backup in Airwave 8.2.5.1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2018 10:24 AM

SCP connections are logged into /var/log/audit/audit.log

It's not available directly in AMPCLI shell or GUI though.  I tried generating diag tarball, but I don't see it in the tarball either, it'd be a support case to dig out that log unless you saved yourself a backdoor access.

• 5.  RE: Issues with the automatic backup in Airwave 8.2.5.1

Posted Mar 05, 2018 05:57 PM

Thanks for getting back to me, I only have access to the amp cli since I did the last upgrade :(

I’m going to try SCP backups to a CentOS server tomorrow I’ll let you know if that works. If you work out how I can get Solarwinds SCP server to work that would be amazing!

• 6.  RE: Issues with the automatic backup in Airwave 8.2.5.1

Posted Oct 12, 2018 10:27 AM

Hello Rob,

I know this one is old but wondering if there was a fix for using Solarwinds SCP server as it still doesn't work in 8.2.6?

Cheers

• 7.  RE: Issues with the automatic backup in Airwave 8.2.5.1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2018 10:33 AM

It was a permissions and cipher issue that was addressed in 8.2.7.

• 8.  RE: Issues with the automatic backup in Airwave 8.2.5.1

Posted Oct 12, 2018 10:52 AM

Thats brilliant thank you!