Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Issues with the automatic backup in Airwave 8.2.5.1

Was really excited when we upgraded Airwave to 8.2.5.1 to find the new menu CLI includes an automatic backup utility via SCP, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Anyone else got it to work? My destination is a Windows 7 machine running the Solarwinds free SFTP/SCP server. My reports are backing up fine using SCP to the same host but with the airwave backups the tar.gz files tries to copy but never appears on my server but looking at the upload logs in the SCP server it's trying to copy the file to a path called "//ampbackup.tar.gz", this is because the location I used was "userx@hosty:/" .. I had to add the / as the CLI won't let me put "hosty:" I'm wondering if the // is making the path not work properly.

Hope someone else has this working ok.

Re: Issues with the automatic backup in Airwave 8.2.5.1

I didn't have any luck with Solarwinds, but I did get it to work with Bitvise SSHD.  It's a possible cipher issue w/ Solarwinds that is being investigated.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company

Thanks for your advice Rob. Is there any logs I can check in Airwave to help Aruba troubleshoot?

SCP connections are logged into /var/log/audit/audit.log

It's not available directly in AMPCLI shell or GUI though.  I tried generating diag tarball, but I don't see it in the tarball either, it'd be a support case to dig out that log unless you saved yourself a backdoor access.

Rob Gin

Thanks for getting back to me, I only have access to the amp cli since I did the last upgrade :(

I’m going to try SCP backups to a CentOS server tomorrow I’ll let you know if that works. If you work out how I can get Solarwinds SCP server to work that would be amazing!

Hello Rob,

I know this one is old but wondering if there was a fix for using Solarwinds SCP server as it still doesn't work in 8.2.6?

Cheers

It was a permissions and cipher issue that was addressed in 8.2.7.

Rob Gin

Thats brilliant thank you!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: