Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Kicked into Cisco Enterprise wireless from Aruba. Need to integrate Airwave. Direction?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Kicked into Cisco Enterprise wireless from Aruba. Need to integrate Airwave. Direction?

Posted Apr 08, 2014 05:50 PM

Kicking and screaming, I have been kicked into the Cisco wireless world from Aruba.  I'd like to integrate Airwave into the Cisco wireless monitoring world.  Advice?

• 2.  RE: Kicked into Cisco Enterprise wireless from Aruba. Need to integrate Airwave. Direction?

Posted Apr 08, 2014 06:21 PM

• 3.  RE: Kicked into Cisco Enterprise wireless from Aruba. Need to integrate Airwave. Direction?

Posted Apr 09, 2014 12:12 PM

I'm noticing a list of Cisco wired and wireless devices in "Supported Infrastructure Devices", and assume that more detailed integration instructions can be found elsewhere.  The Cisco controllers and APs proposed here are on the list. 

But, a score of months from retirement, the question would be better phrased.   I've become rather fond of Airwave (and Aruba, for that matter) over the years, and have but an embryonic understanding of Cicso's management/monitoring/reporting solution, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, or CPI.  CPI does have some very interesting netflow utilities, something I've used in the Brocade world with considerable success.  Not wanting to beat two dead horses at once, the rephrased question would be, "Is the integration worth it?"