Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Match events tab in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Match events tab in Airwave

Posted Dec 13, 2018 08:33 AM

Under client detail tab in Airwave, Match events tab shows Green color tick mark for few logs. Can anyone describe these strange ticks?image.png

• 2.  RE: Match events tab in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 13, 2018 09:00 AM

The green check mark means the client responded to the band steer.  No check mark means the client decided to do something else.

• 3.  RE: Match events tab in Airwave

Posted Dec 13, 2018 09:15 AM

Thanks Cj,

Can u share few more details. I am pretty much confused with your second statement "No check mark means the client decided to do something else"!!

• 4.  RE: Match events tab in Airwave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 13, 2018 09:48 AM

Client Match attempts to Band Steer or Load balance a client.  Ultimately it is the client's decision whether it goes where ClientMatch is trying to move it.  If there is a checkmark, that means it was successful.  If there is no checkmark, that means it was not successful.

I hope that makes sense.

• 5.  RE: Match events tab in Airwave

Posted Jun 02, 2022 11:02 AM
    Hello there cjoseph, how about a sticky client with a green checkmark? What does that mean? We have a client device that is only connecting to specific WAPs even when close to a different one. Please let me know what you think!

Thank you in advance.

------------------------------
    Samuel Germain

• 6.  RE: Match events tab in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2022 06:20 AM
      |   view attached
    Aruba AP monitors the SNR of the clients associated to it and initiates a sticky move if the following conditions are met:
    • The client SNR is lesser than the sticky client check SNR (default: 18 db)
    • Based on a virtual beacon report, there is a better radio to steer clients to if the following conditions are met:
    • SNR of the target radio is higher than the SNR threshold (default 10 db) and
    • Signal strength of the target radio is equal or higher than Sticky Min Signal (default: -70 dBm)

Attached RF doc for your reference.

Pavan Arshewar
    Principal Network Engineer

If my post addresses your query, give kudos!

Attachment(s)

pdf
    RF-CLIENTMATCH.pdf   715 KB 1 version