Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Mismatched configuration in AirWave after configuration

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Mismatched configuration in AirWave after configuration

Posted Jun 28, 2017 07:00 PM

Hi guys,

I have a Instant cluster made up of 16 IAPs. I have configured one of them, and the only change I made it to set the Installation Type from Default to Outdoor, and reboot this AP, nothing else.

After making this change, AirWave shows the message Mismatched, as showed below:1.PNG

When I go to Instant Config I see the following:

2.PNG

3.png

b4:5d:50:c9:88:80 is the MAC address of the AP I made the change to. I don't understand the message "Config changes waiting to be applied" since when I made the change, I clicked apply and then rebooted the AP.

Within Instang Config > Access Points I see the following:

4.PNG

And when I select the AP I see parameters which I didn't change and they are set to default, as the name (the AP has a name and now shows the MAC address, and it had a static IP and now it shows by DHCP) and the uplink VLAN (it was 800 and now it shows the default VLAN 0):

5.PNG

6.PNG

And Installation Type keeps appearing as Default:

7.PNG

So what is happening? How can I have this configuration done correctly and get rid of the Mismatched message?

Please help.

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Mismatched configuration in AirWave after configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2017 06:26 AM

Hi Julian,

May i know the Airwave version and IAP model/firmware version. After changing the installation type, just VLAN and name been changed to default or complete configuraoitn been set to default?

Regards,

Pavan

• 3.  RE: Mismatched configuration in AirWave after configuration

Posted Jun 29, 2017 03:10 PM

Hi Pavan,

No, this is only as seen in AirWave, because I have seen the AP and it has the configuration of the cluster and the IP and uplink VLAN it used to, otherwise I would have losen connectivity with it. I think AirWave is waiting I click apply to set these parameters to default, so I didn't click, otherwise I will loose connectivity with this AP and I will have to go and connect by console to change uplink VLAN and IP address at least.

I don't know why AirWave makes it hard, it is version 8.2.3.4 and the cluster is running 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.3, which is supported by this AirWave.

I think I will have to set AirWave to read-only mode, make the configuration by the Instant GUI and set AirWave back to read/write mode.

Regards,

Julian

• 4.  RE: Mismatched configuration in AirWave after configuration
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2017 09:32 AM

Hi,

We dont have 8.2.3.4 version, I believe server is in 8.2.3.1.Tested in my lab and it is working fine. Went to VC page and clicked on VC and went to Installation Type and choose indoor and clicked apply. Configuraiton pushed succefully and device rebooted automatically and came up after few minutes.

ALE.PNG

Config is getting pushed without any issues

2017-06-30 05:04:20,627 INFO  Config       36 cluster [instant-C8:20:A0] has been updated, disabling auto-repair
    2017-06-30 05:04:08,723 INFO  Config       36
    User: admin sending delta:
    {
      "ap_id": "36",
      "command": "config_update",
      "delta_config": "
    per-ap-settings 18:64:72:c8:20:a0
    ap-installation indoor
    exit
    ",

"username": "admin",
      "hashed_management_password": "0"
    }

Running config of IAP after config get pushed.

per-ap-settings 18:64:72:c8:20:a0
     hostname 18:64:72:c8:20:a0
     ip-address 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ""
     swarm-mode cluster
     wifi0-mode access
     wifi1-mode access
     a-channel 40 20
     g-channel 6 30
     ap-installation indoor
     uplink-vlan 0
     a-external-antenna 0
     g-external-antenna 0

I believe you might have done something wrong.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addresses your query give kudos:)

• 5.  RE: Mismatched configuration in AirWave after configuration

Posted Jun 30, 2017 10:10 AM

Hi Pavan,

Sorry, it is AirWave 8.2.3.1 as you say. Today I have tried again and worked properly. Because the device doesn't reboot inmediately and takes a momment, the problem I had was I rebooted the AP manually after making the change and then AirWave didn't have time to push it the config. So it was my fault.

Apart from that, finally I set the power statically in order to have the max power. Before making the change, ARM set the channels to 1 and 149E, I wanted to set the same channels but for the 5 GHz band I can't set 149E, only 149, do you know the meaning of the letter "E" or the difference between 149 and 149E?

Regards,

Julián

• 6.  RE: Mismatched configuration in AirWave after configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2017 11:07 AM

Check this link which explain the difference https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/IAP-225-wifi-channels/td-p/194265

Regards,

Pavan

• 7.  RE: Mismatched configuration in AirWave after configuration

Posted Jun 30, 2017 11:13 AM

Hi Pavan,

Thank you. And is there a way to allow 40/80 MHz channels from AirWave when the channels are statically selected? I can't find the option.

Regards,

Julián

• 8.  RE: Mismatched configuration in AirWave after configuration

Posted Jun 30, 2017 03:44 PM

Because I only see the option in the ARM section

double_channel.PNG

Regards,

Julián