Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Monitoring AMP Server via PRTG

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Monitoring AMP Server via PRTG

Posted Jun 24, 2019 03:16 PM
      |   view attached

A got a little problem with Airwave AMP server. I would like to monitor the AMP server via snmp (CPU usage, Memory usage, Disk usage etc.) with PRTG Monitoring System, but I cannot find the option where can I setup the snmp agent ( WebGui or CLI ) ?!

Version : AirWave Managment Platform 8.2.7  

Can you help with this or can you send me an article or documentation how can I get my purpose.

I attached a picture about the PRTG SNMP Tester program. I tried to get the device uptime. I dont have a firewall between the client and the server where I tried.

Thank you very much!

• 2.  RE: Monitoring AMP Server via PRTG

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 24, 2019 04:01 PM

Looks like SNMP polling is not supported in the newer version of Airwave which is 8.2.4.1 and above, see the post related to the same:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/Installation-and-Config-of-SNMP-Client-for-External-Monitoring/td-p/303757

• 3.  RE: Monitoring AMP Server via PRTG
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2019 01:07 PM

As an alternative you could try adding your NMS server under Amp Setup --> NMS on Airwave. AMP can send SNMPv1, SNMPv2 traps or SNMPv3 informs to NMS servers and also send the triggers to NMS.

Once the above is done you can create an trigger definition to alert CPU/Memory or disk utilization.
    Untitled.png

Untitled.png

• 4.  RE: Monitoring AMP Server via PRTG

Posted Jun 25, 2019 04:00 PM

Thank you very much. This solution is acceptable for me for now :)