Network Management

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Monitoring Cisco Catalyst 3850 Stacks in Airwave 8.2.9.1

Hi All,

Is anyone else monitoring Cisco Catalyst 3850 switch stacks in Airwave?  We've been monitoring them as generic Cisco Swtiches for a while in previous versions of Airwave with no issues, however upon upgrading to 8.2.9.1 all of these switches have now been discovered as 3850's instead complete with the individual members that make up the stack.

All well and good, except now some of the switches that make up the stack show as down and no amount of polling will bring them back online!

Deleting and re-adding the switch stack generates the same kind of behaviour, with the added bonus of the hostname no longer being present as apparently the polled switch is not master?

Anyone else come across this featurette?

Thanks,

Matt.

MVP Guru

Re: Monitoring Cisco Catalyst 3850 Stacks in Airwave 8.2.9.1

What exact message are  you seeing in Devices>monitor page of down switch and also in AMP device events section.

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Monitoring Cisco Catalyst 3850 Stacks in Airwave 8.2.9.1

Hi Pavan,

Sorry for the late response - in the end I deleted them and re-added them to Airwave which seems to have done the trick although Topology now sees them as Controllers rather than Switches?

Thanks,

Matt.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: