Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Monitoring ssids through airwave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Monitoring ssids through airwave

Posted Feb 21, 2013 02:44 AM

Hi All,

Need to monitor the ssids configured in several aruba controllers in our campus through the airwave.Need to know is it possible to configure the alerts in the airwave like -if clients try connecting to a ssid and fails.The monitoring should be like if any ssid misbehaves or clients cannot connect to ssid we should get a alert in airwave which can trigger mail to me.Please suggest

• 2.  RE: Monitoring ssids through airwave

Posted Feb 21, 2013 03:39 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

• If you are using using Radius in order to Auth your clients - u can trigger e-mail alert on any auth issue of client.
    • You also can build a trigger to notify u whenever users/client are suffering from low speeds/godhood.(it might give some idea regarding users that will suffer from connectivity issues)

Capture34243.PNG

Regarding to know if and how clients are using your ssid - u can build a report (hourly or daily)

SessionDatabyssid.PNG

That the way's that i was monitor my ssid/auth problem.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    1.pdf   562 KB 1 version

• 3.  RE: Monitoring ssids through airwave

Posted Feb 21, 2013 08:30 AM

kdisc - which of those options would work for question posted?  I don't see one specific to ssid's not working or clients not able to connect to a ssid.

• 4.  RE: Monitoring ssids through airwave

Posted Feb 21, 2013 09:52 AM

Hi,
    I Re-edit my answer,after reading his question,and as always i'm, trying to give as much tips and ideas - sometime users find a solution in one of my tips.

But thanks for fixing my mistake. (i answered to the post in a very late night :) and answered on auto-mode )

and also the guy wrote: "Please suggest"

have a lovely evening.

me

• 5.  RE: Monitoring ssids through airwave

Posted Feb 22, 2013 08:57 AM

No worries Carlos. I was just checking to see if you had a solution and I missed it in your original post.