Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Multi Zone in Mobility Master Clusters

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Multi Zone in Mobility Master Clusters

Posted Oct 09, 2018 05:14 AM

Hi,

I have a Mobility Master Cluster ( 2 * 10K HW version 8.3) and on this i have 2 clusters of controllers 5 * 7240MX, 3 in a cluster for Corporate and 2 for Guest.

The plan is to utilise multizone to allow a group of AP configured at Managed Network heirarchy level to use Multizone Profiles for Corporate and Guest.

I have read the 8.3 user guide and indepth research on online posts but examples dont quite cover this solution, The user guide does seem to suggest this is possible. Is this possible? have tried to configure but seem to have ip conflict.

thanks

Dave

thanks again

Dave

• 2.  RE: Multi Zone in Mobility Master Clusters

Posted Oct 09, 2018 12:32 PM
    Do you have a high-level visio of how is everything layout ?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 3.  RE: Multi Zone in Mobility Master Clusters

Posted Oct 10, 2018 06:17 AM

Hi Victor,

we have tried to keep this solution on the Management of the MM and controllers as simple as possible, i.e. all in the one subnet, as they are connected to an Cisco APIC (which is tricky enough :) )

I have attached a basic screen shot of the MM where

mm1 & mm2 clustered i.e. using x.x.x.40 vip with .41 and .42

WLC01 & 2 Clustered x.x.x.51 vip with .51 and 52

WLC03;4&5 vip x.x.x.55 with .56-58

we would like to create AP groups for the corporate sites advertise both Corp and Guest and use multizone to through the data traffic to the Guest cluster. (which seems possible) but we are currently having issues with an error that mention not compatible with HA and also in the AP group the profiles menu on the right hand side not there ( which is in Aruba OS vids on youtube - Herman )

thanks

Dave

Capture-MM.PNG

• 4.  RE: Multi Zone in Mobility Master Clusters

Posted Oct 11, 2018 10:22 AM

Hi,

I have had a further look at the situation, sorted the profiles issue ( off by default).

I have configured the Multizone need to test, when get to site. The question i have is on further reading that the Primary Zone and Data Zone cannot be managed by the same Mobility Master, is this still the case?

Thanks

dave

• 5.  RE: Multi Zone in Mobility Master Clusters
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 11, 2018 10:25 AM
    That’s correct

You will need to have two separate management zones

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile