Network Management

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Multi tenant management Airwave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Multi tenant management Airwave

Posted Sep 02, 2016 07:15 PM

Hello, 

We have a customer that is a service provider and wants to use the Airwave to centrally configure different instant AP cluster, or local controller with its APs for different clients. Each client needs to have users who will be able to configure and monitor only their APs/controllers, and not see the rest or configure them. 

Is this possible ?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Multi tenant management Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 02, 2016 08:18 PM

Airwave is not designed for a Service Provider multi-tenant strategy.

What you describe can be done, on a basic level, but it is not a service provider-focused solution.

• 3.  RE: Multi tenant management Airwave

Posted Sep 05, 2016 09:05 AM

Thanks cjoseph, 

This provider is a small one, not more than 20/30 companies that should manage their own APs clusters. Is this possible? 

What do you mean it can be done on a basic level?

• 4.  RE: Multi tenant management Airwave

Posted Sep 06, 2016 10:37 AM

Hi cjoseph, 

Do you have any details on this? 

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: Multi tenant management Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 08:54 PM

Airwave lacks the granularity to be a truly multitenant solution, so it should not be sold that way.

• 6.  RE: Multi tenant management Airwave

Posted Sep 06, 2016 10:11 PM

I understand your recommendation, but could you please let me know if its possible to have different users who can have access to viewing and configuring only the groups they have been configured to?

Thanks!

• 7.  RE: Multi tenant management Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 07, 2016 07:57 AM

You can only restrict the top folder, not the groups that users have access to:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AirWave_8_0_Web_Help/UserGuide.htm#AWUserGuide/Chapter2_Config/Creating_AMP_U.htm

• 8.  RE: Multi tenant management Airwave

Posted Sep 11, 2016 10:14 PM

Thanks for the document! I understand from what I read there that you can have each site have their own top folder and there have their internal folders with their APs. This way we can restrict each site user to manage only their local APs/controllers. 

Is this correct?

• 9.  RE: Multi tenant management Airwave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 03:44 AM

@Tincho.AB wrote:

Thanks for the document! I understand from what I read there that you can have each site have their own top folder and there have their internal folders with their APs. This way we can restrict each site user to manage only their local APs/controllers. 

Is this correct?

That is correct.  You may want to change the default group/folder that new devices get put into.  That way when a new AP is plugged in, it won't initially be visible to other customers.  It will get put into the same group/folder as the discovering device and you can move it about from there.

Snip20160912_2.png