Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Multiple AirWave - Same Controllers Question

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Multiple AirWave - Same Controllers Question

MVP
    Posted Jun 23, 2017 03:37 PM

Working on an interesting Aruba deployment and need to confirm a process. 

We have (4) AirWave servers, each server will monitor the same Master Controller, but will have a unique local controller per AirWave. When a new AP comes online, it will discover the master and I expect it to show up in all 4 AirWave servers. Once we provision the AP, the Local is the LMS and I expect the AP to show as New in that Local controller's respective AirWave server. Will the AP remain in the other (3) AirWave server's New list or will they drop out once they are no longer communicating with those AirWave servers? It's a little more complicated than this, but it's the basic idea.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Multiple AirWave - Same Controllers Question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2017 04:43 AM

Hi Michael,

When we add master controller, automatically locals will get discovered in the servers, so if you add master in all four servers, local controllers will also get discovered.

If you try to delete the local controllers from respetively servers after few minutes local again get discovered in all servers.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addresses your query give kudos:)

• 3.  RE: Multiple AirWave - Same Controllers Question

MVP
    Posted Jun 26, 2017 05:15 AM
    Thank you Pavan, but how about a new device. If an AP is a new device in Airwave, but then goes down (unplugged for example) will it stay in the new device list or drop off eventually?

• 4.  RE: Multiple AirWave - Same Controllers Question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2017 05:31 AM

Hi,

Entry will be there in new device list only, it wont removed automatically when you unplug from controller, need to manually delete from Airwave.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addresses your query give kudos:)