Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

NO APs in Topology View (AMP 8.2.6.1)

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  NO APs in Topology View (AMP 8.2.6.1)

Posted Aug 21, 2018 11:25 AM

hi,

I`ve a question about getting IAPs in the AMP topology -- the neighbor table on the IAP shows no entrys, what can be the reason for this? is it necessary to configure SNMP as well on the IAPs?

• 2.  RE: NO APs in Topology View (AMP 8.2.6.1)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2018 06:43 AM

Please try the below steps if you see devices are not showing in topology. 

• Verify neighboring device is managed by AMP
    • Verify both devices are showing neighbors each other in monitoring page
    • Verify switch/router interfaces are listed.. Go to Device Monitoring > interfaces page
    • Do manual poll two times successfully.
    • login as Admin user
    • For Non Cisco/HP/Aruba switches routes if neighboring table is not populating, try adding it as generic router/switch and see neighboring table is populating.
    • If neighboring details are not showing in device monitor page and is using snmpv3, try changing to snmpv2
    • we dont need to add snmp details in IAP

Note : Stadalone Devices or devices where no neighbors are managed by AMP  will not be shown in topology.

• 3.  RE: NO APs in Topology View (AMP 8.2.6.1)

Posted Aug 22, 2018 09:37 AM

at this point I´ve a problem:

• Verify both devices are showing neighbors each other in monitoring page --> I`m only seeing a neighbor on the switch - but not on the IAP

this is unclear to me... the IAP are only in "Monitor-Only" mode and there is no SNMP configuration on the IAPs, as I´ve asked - is this necessary or not because we`re detecting it via CDP/LLDP?!

• we dont need to add snmp details in IAP
    • Do manual poll two times successfully.
    • If neighboring details are not showing in device monitor page and is using snmpv3, try changing to snmpv2

• 4.  RE: NO APs in Topology View (AMP 8.2.6.1)

Posted Aug 27, 2018 10:22 AM

We dont need neighboring table to be showing for IAPs.

We should be having IAPs listed in the connected switch neighboring table.

IAP should be managed by Airwave.

Also by default APs will be hidden in topology. so make sure   in Topology  "Filter > AP"  is checked. 

• 5.  RE: NO APs in Topology View (AMP 8.2.6.1)

Posted Aug 29, 2018 09:45 AM

hm, so what could then be the reason for that issue - when it is not necessary to see the switch in the IAP neighboring table?

the Filter for APs is checked so that could`nt be the reason...

• 6.  RE: NO APs in Topology View (AMP 8.2.6.1)

Posted Aug 29, 2018 10:48 AM

Hi!

I'm having the same problem with AMP 8.2.7.

The IAP is visible on the downlink switch with CDP and LLDP in the CLI, and in the AirWave Monitoring Neighbors list of  the switch.

The switch is not visible in the AirWave neighbors list of the IAP.

The Instant-VC is managed (GUI) by AirWave.

Instant Version is 8.3.0.2_66308

New ideas are welcome...

With kind regards

Manfred M.

• 7.  RE: NO APs in Topology View (AMP 8.2.6.1)

Posted Sep 11, 2018 04:12 AM

anything new on this - any new input or help would be appriciated!

thank you guys

greeting

• 8.  RE: NO APs in Topology View (AMP 8.2.6.1)

Posted Jan 21, 2019 11:45 AM

Hi!

Still now solution for this question?

Still no IAPs visible in Topology view of AirWave?

I'm now using AMP 8.2.7.1 and still don't see any of my IAPs.

Any new findings would still be helpful.

With kind regards

Manfred M.

• 9.  RE: NO APs in Topology View (AMP 8.2.6.1)

Posted Jan 23, 2019 06:51 AM

Please check the below. 

• Is the AP connected switch Monitered by Airwave.  
    • Does the IAP is showing in switch neighboring list in Airwave UI.
    • In topology page by default APs will be hidden,  did you enabled "AP" in the "filter > devices " option on right side of the topology page. 
    • What is the switch model where IAPs are connected, does it have interfaces details populated in Airwave 

• 10.  RE: NO APs in Topology View (AMP 8.2.6.1)

Posted Jan 23, 2019 09:22 AM
    Hi!

Yes - the switches to which the IAPs are connected are managed by AMP. The IAPs are visible on AMP in the connections sections of the switches correctly. The APs are not filtered out in the topology view. The switches are Aruba 2930F, 2920, 2530.

Regards
    Manfred M.

• 11.  RE: NO APs in Topology View (AMP 8.2.6.1)

Posted Feb 06, 2019 07:41 AM

Hi!

Just upgraded AMP to Version 8.2.8.0 - still the same:

No APs visible in the Topology View.

All APs are displayed correctly in the sm_label_neighbors table with Sys Name/Sys Desc and Capabilities WLAN Access Point on the switches.

All APs are showing the Upstream Device and the Upstream Port correctly in AMP (also in the CLI with the command show ap debug lldp neighbor interface eth0 detail)

The Switchtypes are HP2920, Aruba 2930F (FW: WC.16.06.0006) and HP2530; the APs are 303 with FW 8.3.0.2-8.3.0.2_66308.

Some other remarkable things with the topology view:

- VLAN Overlay is not working correctly: only one or two of 11 Switches and one Link between them are NOT greyed out when I select a VLAN Overlay (in any VLAN; all VLANs are configured on all switches and are tagged on all Uplink Ports of course)

- VLAN Names are displayed twice in the select list; some with names some without names.

- Aggregated Links are most of the time displayed as alternative Links and not as aggregated Link (STP is deactivated in this network)

Is it possible to reset the topology completely to initiate a rebuild of the topology?

With kind regards

Manfred M.

• 12.  RE: NO APs in Topology View (AMP 8.2.6.1)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2019 08:38 AM

If all switches are showing in topology where IAPs are connected but still devices are not lisiting in topology then I would recommand to open TAC ticket.