Network Management

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Need to include only authenticated users in AirWave client count

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Need to include only authenticated users in AirWave client count

Posted Jul 15, 2013 09:36 AM

Running AirWave 7.5.5.

On the home, and further in the client screen, the usage graph includes all clients, even those that are always at the 'logon' role. This includes folks' iPhones, etc. that happen to connect, but are permanently at the logon role. Our network uses Xsec and CAC for 802.1x, so these phones, etc. will never actually authenticate.

What I'm looking for, is to get usage graphs and historical usage trends based solely on authorized, connected clients. Is there a way to tell AMP to only count a client if it is actually on our authorized and authenticated role? Or at least a way to filter the graph to only include such clients?

• 2.  RE: Need to include only authenticated users in AirWave client count

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 15, 2013 09:59 AM

This is an excellent feature request to file into the ideas portal on the support site.  The current graph behavior is based on all users that the controller reports back to AirWave.  The temporary solution would be to sort your connected clients table -> then export as CSV into Excel.  From there, you can remove all the authenticated clients.

• 3.  RE: Need to include only authenticated users in AirWave client count

Posted Jul 15, 2013 01:52 PM

Agreed. I'll post an idea.

I concur that I can see current usage by even filtering on 'role', however I don't know of a way to filter the historical data.

Thank you,

• 4.  RE: Need to include only authenticated users in AirWave client count
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 15, 2013 02:10 PM

An even better way to get that information today is to create a Client Session Report and filter on user roles.

• 5.  RE: Need to include only authenticated users in AirWave client count

Posted Jul 15, 2013 02:17 PM

What are you, the best?!?

That's just what I was looking for, but didn't know how to get at.

Thanks!

• 6.  RE: Need to include only authenticated users in AirWave client count

Posted Aug 02, 2013 11:03 AM

Did you happen to still submit this request?

It would be nice for me to be able to compare authenticated users on the front graphs over all clients in a captive portal senario. This way I can compare usage to authenticated user counts on the fly instead of connected users who are not passing traffic.

Thanks!