Network Management

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

No clients in Airwave, yet hundreds of APs...

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  No clients in Airwave, yet hundreds of APs...

Posted Apr 02, 2015 03:47 AM

Cant quite figure out why Im not seeing any clients, but its got all the APs, so assume SNMP etc must be ok...  Brand new build, set up in monitoring mode.  

Hav e read a couple of things about the WMS offload, and AW needs write access to change a setting on the vontroller for allow stats to be redirected to AW, but just wanted confirmation that this is what is needed to obtain client info.

We did demo AW a year or so back, and I dont recall having to do this, and am sure we saw client info, but then I struggle to remember what I was doing last week!

Cheers

• 2.  RE: No clients in Airwave, yet hundreds of APs...

Posted Apr 02, 2015 07:21 AM

Hi,

Usually Airwave should pull client data from the controller if Controller is added properly. neither you need to be in Managed mode nor any separate configuration to display Client information.

In this scenario, try to send some SNMP to controller and see whether is it responding or not.

to send a relevant SNMP use the following command,

On Airwave CLI,  

do  #  s2w <controller IP> <community string>  <UserName>

Here username is the username which you want to pull from the controller.

Please feel free to comeback if any further help required.

• 3.  RE: No clients in Airwave, yet hundreds of APs...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 02, 2015 07:49 AM

• 4.  RE: No clients in Airwave, yet hundreds of APs...

Posted May 17, 2019 06:33 AM

I had this problem during an ACMP training course. I could see my Mobility Master, Mobility Controllers and APs, but I couldn't see my registered users. 

I rain some SNMP requests from AirWave and the clients were showing as connected but they weren't in AirWave. I found that by bouncing both controllers in the cluster, the users started showing in AirWave. I'm using AirWave 8.2.5 and AOS 8.4.0.0 if this help. 

Good luck

S

• 5.  RE: No clients in Airwave, yet hundreds of APs...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2019 09:20 PM

Do we have Prefer AMON vs SNMP enabled on Airwave under Amp setup --> General --> Additional AMP services?
    If so could we also make sure we have AMON profile configured and mapped to Airwave as mgmt-server for the mobility master and managed devices.