Network Management

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

PAPI Packet loss in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  PAPI Packet loss in Airwave

Posted Dec 26, 2019 03:45 PM

I have a new Airwave appliance running 8.2.8.1. I have my mobility controllers added, and I'm receiving data. I've noticed under Sytem / Performance, that I have non-zero values in the Average PAPI Packet Loss graph. 

I researched this on the community site and read some very helpful documentation on making sure AMON is setup correctly, but the graphs still show packet loss. The Airwave appliance is on the same subnet as the MCs, so there isn't a firewall or routing issue. I used qlog on AMP and it didn't show any problems. I can't figure out why or how packets are dropping. Is this normal, or just a known bug?rrd_graph.png

• 2.  RE: PAPI Packet loss in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 30, 2019 06:05 AM

If I understand correctly there is no firewall between Airwave and controllers?

In graph we see first two controllers showing zero packet loss , does clients terminating on this controllers?

Default amon buffer size in 8.x code is 1264, compare buffer size`of first two controllers with third & fourth controller in the list which showing packet loss.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_81_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/amon_packet_size.htm

• 3.  RE: PAPI Packet loss in Airwave

Posted Dec 30, 2019 10:45 AM

The amon msg buffer size is identical across all devices. The only reason that one controller didn't show any loss is because it did not have any active APs or clients. 

• 4.  RE: PAPI Packet loss in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 31, 2019 03:30 AM

Packet loss is not high but we you can try increase amon buffer size value to 1400 and check packet loss status and also make sure server does not have any system resources issue RAM/CPU/load, we can check this detials in performance page.

• 5.  RE: PAPI Packet loss in Airwave

Posted Dec 31, 2019 12:02 PM

It was at 1400 before I changed it back to the default size. Still seeing PAPI packet loss in the graph. 

I have a TAC case opened as well. 

• 6.  RE: PAPI Packet loss in Airwave

Posted Dec 30, 2019 01:54 PM

+1 on this issue. I have AirWave 8.2.10.0 and see PAPI packet loss on two out of six controllers. The two with the PAPI issues are the two where most all of my APs are terminated. All controllers are on the same MM in basically the same config tree, so the configs are virtually identical. Controllers with and without errors are even on the same VLAN. Is there no way to troubleshoot what is generating this loss?