Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Password Change on Airwave and corntrollers

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Password Change on Airwave and corntrollers

Posted Feb 29, 2012 07:53 PM

So we went through a password change the other day on our network systems.

I changed the "admin" and "root" passwords on the AMP and on the controllers.  Changed the settings in Airwave or the ARUBA creditials under Device Setup - Communication.

All the APs and controllerscame in with an error relative to failed telnet/ssh credentials.

Set everything back and it works great - errors are gone after doing an audit on the devices from Airwave.

Is there a specific process to follow for password change?

I checked and double-checked all the creditials, feel like I missed something somewhere?

• 2.  RE: Password Change on Airwave and corntrollers

Posted Feb 29, 2012 08:47 PM

Did you set the new credentials on the AP Manage page for the controllers in question?

Device Setup->Communication is not use for normal communication with the controllers.  It's used in discovering devices and as a default when the device is added.  The credentials on the AP Manage page are the ones actually used in communicating with devices.

• 3.  RE: Password Change on Airwave and corntrollers

Posted Mar 01, 2012 05:30 AM

I did.  

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Password Change on Airwave and corntrollers

Posted Nov 22, 2018 04:22 PM

In addition,

I would like to change the local admin password in the AMP and all the AP's that are discovered by the AMP.   Is there a feature or step to follow in order to change the local admin of the AP's but not doing it one AP at a time?