Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Per-IAP reporting in AirWave

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Per-IAP reporting in AirWave

Posted Mar 13, 2017 10:26 AM

Is it possible to generate a report from AirWave that targets the associations/sessions on a specified IAP during a defined time-frame? Have been poking around trying to create this, but so far have had no luck.

• 2.  RE: Per-IAP reporting in AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2017 10:45 AM

Yes, we can run a session report on Airwave for a specified device. Select the report type as client session. In the field Device Search Filter: specify the particular device. Below is a screen shot of the field for reference.

report.PNG

• 3.  RE: Per-IAP reporting in AirWave

Posted Mar 13, 2017 02:43 PM

Thanks, Vishnu. I should have been more specific in my query. What I'm really looking for is a way report the connections for a specified IAP that includes a list of user names that associated to the AP, along with the date and time of the connection - so, for example, I could request a list of connected clients with their domain username displayed, that connected to the access point 'AP-Room5' within a time range that I wanted to look at, i.e., Mar. 1, 2017 09:00 - 10:30.

• 4.  RE: Per-IAP reporting in AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2017 04:22 AM

Run client session report which proivde details associaton history, when the client connnected to which AP and it details.

While creating report definiton make sure, you have choose proper group/folder where the APs been placed.

Regards,

Pavan

• 5.  RE: Per-IAP reporting in AirWave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2017 05:10 AM

Hi jkoelker,

You can try running a custome report. Selected options should be Client session: Session Data by device-SSID(list) and Client Session: Top Clients by Total MB used by Folder. You can refer the below screen shot for the definition.

report1.PNG

Output for the report would be as below,

report1.PNG

report1.PNG

There are 2 ways you can run the report specific to an AP. One is as mentioned yesterday, provide the AP name in the field Device Search Filter when we create a report definition,

report1.PNG

Or we can go to Aps/devices page where the AP is listed. Click on the pencil icon to edit. Select the particular device from the list. Select the device action as Run report on selected device from drop down and hit on run report. This will take you to the report definition page and filter would be selected to this device. Here you can specify the same definition as mentioned above, only difference would be device filter would be already set to that partifular AP. In the report definition you would also have the option to specify the date and time range for which you need to run the report.

report.PNG

• 6.  RE: Per-IAP reporting in AirWave

Posted Mar 16, 2017 11:00 AM

Hi, again, Vishnu - thanks for the tip on filtering devices from the APs/Devices list - very helpful. Also for clarifying how to specify the date/time range - I was reading that incorrectly. I finally got what I was looking for by just selecting 'Sessions' from the 'Client Sessions' option - that lists out all the associations including usernames, etc.

Appreciate the help!!

• 7.  RE: Per-IAP reporting in AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 16, 2017 11:07 AM

You are welcome. Good to know it helped. :)