Network Management

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Problems by deleting devices out of airwave

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Problems by deleting devices out of airwave

Posted Jan 19, 2017 10:37 AM
    Hi, we have airwave 8.2.1.1 running, we have 2 old 7030 controllers, these controller was master and backup. We replaced this controllers with some new 7205 controllers as master and backup, the new controllers got the ip address and name from the 7030 Controller. The 7030 controller went '"down" as local controllers. Now we have the problem, that the controllers are twice in the airwave server. When I mark one or all controller an put the delete button, the airwave says, the deveces are deleting in the background but nothing happens. How can I delete the controllers? Or can I delete all the devices that are in this airwave now (there are only this pices in and some aps...)? thanks

• 2.  RE: Problems by deleting devices out of airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2017 12:03 PM

I suggest opening a support case.

When you brought up the new controllers, did you use the same IPs as the old controllers?  Do you care at all about the historical data?  If so, you can navigate to the older controller entry, click to the manage tab, at the bottom there's a replace hardware button, click it and select the newer controller and then save/apply.  This will combine the older historical graphed data to the newer entry.

I'm surprised that the delete didn't go through though.  Can you tail /var/log/httpd/error_log and attempt to delete the controller from the UI again?  If there's a crash message, then that would explain why it looks like nothing is happening and a support case would help clear that up.