Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Problems with airwave because the clients counter and the controller counter don't match

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Problems with airwave because the clients counter and the controller counter don't match

Posted Oct 28, 2014 01:58 PM

I have problems with airwave because I compare the clients counter with the controller counter and they don't match. The problem is more evident with the controller 6000 version 6.3.1.12, it was upgraded recently and the problems began almost the same time. ¿what happened with airwave? Before it worked very well, the difference between client counter and the controller counter was small but now register just the half. I have already tried rebooting virtual machine, I decreased the devices that appear mismatch counter of airwave, I increased the SNMP retries of 3 to 7 and SNMP timeout of 1 to 30 sec. because the logs appeared SNMP get failed Error in SNMP polling: Timeout, and airwave  process data of 1000 devices, also I pressed the button "poll controller now" but airwave doesn't upgrades the counters. could somebody help me?

• 2.  RE: Problems with airwave because the clients counter and the controller counter don't match

Posted Oct 30, 2014 04:58 PM

My best advice is to call TAC.  There are several things that need to be checked and perhaps settings changed, and they have a list of things to go through and do a good job of going through each of them.

My first guess would be to see if you have "Prefer AMON" checked off.   We have found that this mode of operation shows close to two times as many clients as there actually are, which may only be happening on newer ArubaOS.   Eventually you want this on, but even in the latest image we have found it is still not working well.