Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Pros and Cons of using Airwave to Manage Controllers

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Pros and Cons of using Airwave to Manage Controllers

Posted Apr 27, 2015 02:20 PM

I often hear many members of the community give pros and cons of managing controllers in Airwave. We used to manage our controllers this way but with everything I hear I don't know if I want to do this anymore. Can I hear opinions as to why we shouldn't manage our controllers using Airwave. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Pros and Cons of using Airwave to Manage Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 27, 2015 02:23 PM
    Do you have a multi-master or master-llocal envinronment?

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Pros and Cons of using Airwave to Manage Controllers

Posted Apr 27, 2015 02:25 PM

I have a multi master with multi locals environment. When I used to manage them we used the global config, but I can't do that anymore within a hospital environment.

• 4.  RE: Pros and Cons of using Airwave to Manage Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2015 11:35 AM

One of the more interesting deployments I recently assisted with had a network team of 7 where 6 used AirWave and 1 used direct CLI.  This doesn't work because whatever was committed directly to CLI would be overwritten by AirWave.  So you do need to get your whole team to agree on which management method you choose.

Beyond that, I usually suggest monitoring first - get all templates configured properly, before switching into management mode.  Several other customers manage their networks purely from AirWave without issue.