Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Question about AirWave Backup automatization - FTP User

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Question about AirWave Backup automatization - FTP User

Posted Sep 03, 2020 05:26 AM

Hello airheads,

I am using AirWave 8.2.10.1.

I can successfully send backups via sftp to an external server using the CLI menu:

*see document "AirWave 8.2.10.1 Installation Guide" Chapter "Upgrade Paths", Step 2 and Step 3*

This works well.

But I get a message in the menu that the FTP user is deleted every night. This is of course very annoying, because I don't want to manually activate the FTP user every time to export an automated backup.

Is there a way to prevent this behavior and not activate the FTP manually every time?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards

Araven

• 2.  RE: Question about AirWave Backup automatization - FTP User

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 03, 2020 10:13 AM

We already have option to transfer automatic backup to external server from AMPCLI, you need to provide your external server details.

Backup
    1 Backup Now
    2 Configure Automatic Transfer

Yes, FTP user is temporary user which will get deleted during nightly maintenance due to security issues. If you want to continue to use FTP user then open TAC ticket.

• 3.  RE: Question about AirWave Backup automatization - FTP User

Posted Sep 03, 2020 10:30 AM

Thank your very much, this was the information I was looking for.

So when I configure Automatic Transfer, the backup (which is performed once a week) will automatically send to my ftp server and I have to configure this only one time?

• 4.  RE: Question about AirWave Backup automatization - FTP User
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2020 06:21 AM

Airwave automatic backup uses SCP till 8.2.10 and rsync from 8.2.10.1 and above. If your external server supports this protocols then you can add details to transfer backup automatically, once new backup is available in Airwave.

If you dont have SCP or rsync supported external server then you need to open TAC ticket to make changes in nightly maintenance script to prevent FTP user to get deleted during daily maintenance.