Network Management

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Question on Airwave backup.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Question on Airwave backup.

Posted Jul 12, 2016 11:00 PM

Hi, 

What things are taken backup in the nightly backup or in an on-demand backup in Airwave? And what is not included there in the backup?

What things to be noted when a old server is to be swapped by a new server. Both will have the same IP, so hope i can use the same license from the old server on the new server. Please advise. 

How do i safely shutdown a airwave server, without messing up its databases.

• 2.  RE: Question on Airwave backup.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 13, 2016 10:55 AM

Hi,

Airwave backs up everything during the nightly maintenance. The data backup file contains all of the device and group information as well as historical data and system files, including IP address, NTP information, mail relay hosts, and other AMP settings. This will also include the Visualrf backup.

When we are swapping from old server to new one, download the latest nightly backup file to your PC. Do a fresh install of same Airwave version on new server(i.e if old server is on  8.0.11, make sure the new server is also on 8.0.11 for restoring the backup), copy the nightly backup and restore it. Make a copy of license. Once the new server is up we can safely shutdown the old server using the below command from CLI,

# shutdown -h now

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Vishnu

• 3.  RE: Question on Airwave backup.

Posted Jul 13, 2016 01:14 PM

Thank you Vishnu.