Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

RADIUS configuration for REST API

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  RADIUS configuration for REST API

Posted Nov 08, 2019 08:05 AM

Hello, I have J9775A device and I am trying to configure RADIUS for REST API connections. I found this manual and I am trying to follow it, but I cannot find authentication configurations from my device regarding AAA for REST such as "aaa authentication rest *". I have upgraded my device's firmware to the latest. Manual is found here:
    https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00076277en_us

• 2.  RE: RADIUS configuration for REST API

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 11, 2019 03:19 AM

Please contact Aruba Support. I don't have a 2540 to test with, but on my 2930F (running version 16.08.0002) the command is there:

sw01(config)# aaa authentication rest login radius
     local                 Use local switch user/password database.
     none                  Do not use backup authentication methods.
     authorized            Allow access without authentication.
     server-group          Specify the server group to use.
     two-factor-type       Use the certificate or public key for the first authentication method and username/password for the second authentication method.
     <cr>

If you are running recent firmware (like 16.08 or newer) and you don't see the commands and are logged in with full manager rights, please work with TAC to see what is wrong.

• 3.  RE: RADIUS configuration for REST API

Posted Nov 12, 2019 07:57 AM

Yeah, I am running the latest firmware and have tried other versions also. Here is what I can see:

Capture.PNGAtleast for what documantation tells is that I should have rest option there. I'll either get a new switch and test with it or contact TAC.