Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

RAPIDS Wired Rogue Detection

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  RAPIDS Wired Rogue Detection

Posted Apr 10, 2019 05:19 PM

Does anyone know how to setup RAPIDS to detect wired rogue APs? I read that scheduling an HTTP scan to run daily is an option, but where would this be configured and setup? Would the RAPIDS rule accomplish this: Device discovered via wireline fingerprint scan? Running 8.2.8.1.Thanks.

• 2.  RE: RAPIDS Wired Rogue Detection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 10, 2019 07:49 PM

Hello,

for wired rogue's we need to add wired switches on Airwave and enable the rule to read the Wireline Fingerprint scan as shown below:

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 4.46.43 PM.png

• 3.  RE: RAPIDS Wired Rogue Detection

Posted Apr 11, 2019 09:55 AM

Thanks Fayyaz, but is not that the default rule? I found something online that states you need to run HTTP scans or OS scanning..is this it?

• 4.  RE: RAPIDS Wired Rogue Detection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 12, 2019 01:36 PM

Yes Kyle,

sorry for the late reply. we will need the add the rule, as i shown in the screen shot above and Add a Network scan under Device setup --> Communication --> Discover tab on Airwave GUI, using which Airwave will do nmap/snmp on the network and try to get the http wireline finger printing to classify a rogue device. However, easier and more reliable to find the wired rogue device is by adding the wired switches to the Airwave but then depending upon the resources available on Airwave.