Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Reducing false alerts in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Reducing false alerts in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2012 09:20 AM

Hi,

I have set a few triggers on Airwave and one of them is the AP down  trigger.  I seem to get alerted to this fairly often, but when I look at the controller, it seems the AP never actually went down.

I would like to eliminate or at least reduce the likelihood of receiving these false alarms before I start sending the emails to our support desk.

Is there a way to create a trigger for a 'device uptime' so that if it is less than 2 mins it alerts only then?

Any suggestions for reducing the frequency of these alerts?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Reducing false alerts in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2012 01:02 PM

Hi Michael,

On the Basic page of an AirWave group, you can configure the Missed SNMP Poll Threshold.  If you increase that to, say, 2, then we won't fire any alerts unless we see an AP is down on consecutive polls.  You'd want to change the setting in the groups that the APs are in.

Dan

• 3.  RE: Reducing false alerts in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2012 03:11 AM

Thanks Dan,

Tried that, but still get the alerts now and then, be it less often.

• 4.  RE: Reducing false alerts in Airwave

Posted Jun 08, 2012 12:55 PM
    Michael -

A while back I was getting what I though were false down messages from airwave, but it actually turned out to be a bigger problem.

I would recommend that you make sure that your APs aren't bootstrapping or moving to their backup controller. It is worth it is make sure there an actual problem.