Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Rename folder in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Rename folder in Airwave

Posted Apr 12, 2016 06:26 PM

Hi community,

Is it possibe to rename a folder in Airwave, and if so, what is the easiest way to do this? I'm looking to confirm this as we are deploying the IAP solution using DHCP options 43 and 60. Unfortunately, the IAP only supports up to 32 characters for the option 43. As a result of this I need to rename the folder once the AP is provisioned.

Is this possible?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Rename folder in Airwave
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 13, 2016 09:00 AM

I've renamed my folders successfully on a few occassions in Airwave 8.X (not sure if this feature has always been present). You have to go to the "Parent Folder" of the folder you want to rename.

1. Navigates to APs/Devices
    2. Go to folder: (Select Parent Folder)
    3. Scroll down the page past client/usage/devices list statistics, and you should see a list of the Child Folders, one of them being the one you want to rename.
    4. Click the Edit (Pencil Icon) beside the folder you want to rename.
    5. Modify the Folder Name and Click Save.

I've done this several times over the past few months, and haven't had any issues. *Note though we only use Airwave currently for monitoring/data retention - (No configuration management). Not sure if there's any negatives/potential issues this might cause.

• 3.  RE: Rename folder in Airwave

Posted Apr 13, 2016 09:23 AM

Thanks!