Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Replace hardware in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Replace hardware in Airwave

Posted Jul 09, 2019 08:51 AM

Airwave version 8.2.8.2

ArubaOS 8.4.0.2

We are replacing old AP 215 with AP 515.  When I use the Replace hardware feature in Airwave the Aruba AP group and AP Name are not coming to the new device.  In the past it was a managment issue and it would show as Mismatched and I could set it to Managed Read/Write.  Now I can't seem to change the management level.  So what am I missing or what is the best way to replace 500 Access points in Airwave

• 2.  RE: Replace hardware in Airwave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2019 12:32 PM

Hello ShawnIngle,

The reason why, you do not see, the management option is because, starting AOS versions 8.x, Airwave is not supporting the configuration management. As, you could do the management of the configuration from the MM directly for MD's and its AP's.

--

• 3.  RE: Replace hardware in Airwave

Posted Jul 09, 2019 03:22 PM

So is there a way in the MM to replace hardware?

• 4.  RE: Replace hardware in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2019 04:48 PM

You can still do replace hardware in Airwave.  it is just that you, you will not see the Management options like monitor only mode or read/write for the AP's and controllers. That is why you are not seeing that management option.

--

• 5.  RE: Replace hardware in Airwave

Posted Jul 10, 2019 08:29 AM

So if I understand correctly here are the steps I need to take.

Replace hardware in Airwave.

Then go into the controller and Name the AP and assign it to the correct AP group?

This seems like a huge step backwards when before all i had to do was replace hardware in Airwave and it would also rename the AP and assign correct AP group

• 6.  RE: Replace hardware in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2019 01:11 PM

Hello Shawn,

It is supposed to do the same thing even now. could you please share your email, i will contact you directly to work on this, I am from TAC, i think there is some confusion in the discussion, once we find the actual reason, we can update this thread here. please private message me your email address.