Network Management

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Repports showing capacity issues vs high load

Hi,

First of all I am new to Arirwave.

I have a customer that have a quite large network with accesspoints from Aruba. The customer wants a monthly repport that shows capacity vs high load so that we can upgrade and expand where it is needed, when needed.

I tried using the "capacity planning" repport that is available but it showed no data. I have also tried to build my own repport but it shows way to much data. 

The repporting in Airwave is very detailed and there is a lot of parameters to choose from. I was hoping someone could help me in the right direction to build this kind of repport. Is it even possible?

Any answer is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

MVP Guru

Re: Repports showing capacity issues vs high load

communitry.PNG

Capacity Planning Report tracks device bandwidth capacity and throughput in device groups, folders, and SSIDs. With this report, you can achieve network efficiency and an improved user experience.

Make sure you select all the fields properly in definition, leave threshould value to default.

Try run device summary report aswell, which show high usage APs based on folder/group

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Pavan, 

Thank you for the reply. When I run the capacity planning repport with default values i get "No data to repport". Is that an indication that the network is under very low levels of load?

I have run the Device Summary and that is a good start to see which sites have the highest number of users.

Regards,

Niklas

MVP Guru

Niklas,

Yes might be, try decrease the threshould value and check the report data.

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: