Network Management

MVP

SCP backup to Airwave

Got a couple Clearpass hardware appliances and a virtual Airwave server. A snapshot of the Airwave VM is taken every night so I'm thinking about using the Airwave server as a backup target for Clearpass. Basically I just want to SCP Clearpass files to Airwave.

So, what directory could I use for this? Evidently, I do not want this directory to be touched/erased/whatever by Airwave or during/after Airwave upgrades.

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
MVP

Re: SCP backup to Airwave

The aruba controller backup script found at https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/Use-AirWave-script-to-regularly-back-up-Aruba-controllers uses  /var/airwave/custom/ so I suppose that's the correct path to use.

Hi Koen,

We could use /alternative directory aswell. During upgrade process it wont tuch this directory.

Create a custom directory and proivde path in clearpass.

Regards,

Pavan

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
MVP

Thank you for the info Pavan.

Seemed an easier directory to spot (and remember) so I changed the controller script and clearpass config to save there.

Just so I know, does it matter one way or the other? /alternative vs /var/airwave/custom?

Highlighted

We could use any one of the directory, its up to you!

Regards

Pavan

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: