Network Management

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

SCP backup to Airwave

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  SCP backup to Airwave

MVP
    Posted Apr 27, 2017 06:48 AM

Got a couple Clearpass hardware appliances and a virtual Airwave server. A snapshot of the Airwave VM is taken every night so I'm thinking about using the Airwave server as a backup target for Clearpass. Basically I just want to SCP Clearpass files to Airwave.

So, what directory could I use for this? Evidently, I do not want this directory to be touched/erased/whatever by Airwave or during/after Airwave upgrades.

• 2.  RE: SCP backup to Airwave

MVP
    Posted Apr 27, 2017 08:24 AM

The aruba controller backup script found at https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/Use-AirWave-script-to-regularly-back-up-Aruba-controllers uses  /var/airwave/custom/ so I suppose that's the correct path to use.

• 3.  RE: SCP backup to Airwave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 27, 2017 08:55 AM

Hi Koen,

We could use /alternative directory aswell. During upgrade process it wont tuch this directory.

Create a custom directory and proivde path in clearpass.

Regards,

Pavan

• 4.  RE: SCP backup to Airwave

MVP
    Posted Apr 27, 2017 11:20 AM

Thank you for the info Pavan.

Seemed an easier directory to spot (and remember) so I changed the controller script and clearpass config to save there.

Just so I know, does it matter one way or the other? /alternative vs /var/airwave/custom?

• 5.  RE: SCP backup to Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 27, 2017 12:32 PM

We could use any one of the directory, its up to you!

Regards

Pavan