Network Management

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

SCP bug found in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  SCP bug found in Airwave

Posted Apr 10, 2019 09:34 PM
    • Airwave Management Platform 8.2.7.1 (Edit: and also 8.2.8.2)
    • I desire to upgrade AMP and I have a slow Internet connection so I try to pre-upload the file via SCP.
    • First I try to test SCP Upload functionality by transferring a small test file. It fails with SCP Code 1 which is a generic error.
    • I try various syntax for the file path but none helps and I always get code 1
    • I try the SCP Download to ensure I have connectivity. It works but I notice a problem. If I try to copy a file called testfile.txt Airwave is writing a file to the SCP server called 'testfile.txt' with the single quote marks. Any file I download gets single quote marks added. (see attached screenshot)amp_cap1.JPG
    • So I think to myself, "no wonder AMP can't find the files to upload if it is also appending the ' to the SCP Upload requests"
    • To try to workaround the problem I name my file on the SCP server with the quote marks, and issue the upload command without the quote marks. Sure enough, the upload succeeds this time!!
    • amp_cap2.JPG
    • Unfortunately the bug does not strip the quote marks from the file upon storage. So now the file is permanently named 'testfile.txt' in the local storage
    • amp_cap3.JPG
    • I have certificates and other things loaded on this AMP via SCP so this bug must have been introduced with 8.2.7.1 ?
    • Meanwhile, the limited CLI does not permit mv command, so even if I use this trick to upload the airwave update file...I can't rename it so the system will not be able to find it

Edit: So I did the slow upgrade via Internet and after the upgrade I can confirm that the same bug is still present in AMP 8.2.8.2

• 2.  RE: SCP bug found in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2019 02:02 PM

Hello,

I would encourage you to open a TAC case for the same, so that they can replicate and report it to engineering on a high priority.

--

• 3.  RE: SCP bug found in Airwave

Posted Apr 11, 2019 04:47 PM

@Fayyaz Mohammed wrote:

Hello,

I would encourage you to open a TAC case for the same, so that they can replicate and report it to engineering on a high priority.

Actually I was hoping that one of the Aruba staff here on airheads would open the TAC case.

It seems straighforward enough for engineering to test based on the info I've provided here already.

• 4.  RE: SCP bug found in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2019 05:27 PM

Hello, I was recommending to open a TAC case for tracking purposes.

please share your contact email, i would open a TAC case for you. Going forward, to report any issues like these to engineering, you could directly email support@arubanetworks.com, they can create a TAC case and TAC can open a engineering ticket against your account and they can share and communicate updates to you directly.

And thank you for your detailed analysis, this will make easier for TAC to try and replicate the issue.

--

• 5.  RE: SCP bug found in Airwave

Posted Apr 11, 2019 05:40 PM

Thank you very much for opening the TAC case. I have sent you a PM with my email address.

I would open a TAC case myself if this was causing any issues for my customers, but in the current status I cannot justify the time it takes doing remote sessions with TAC, testing their patches, etc.

• 6.  RE: SCP bug found in Airwave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2019 06:13 PM

sure, i will email you the case number and we can update this post once we narrowed down the issue.

--

• 7.  RE: SCP bug found in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2019 01:54 PM

Hello Melvin,

As discussed on the emails, This could be an issue with the Solarwinds, i also had issue uploading the file, not the same one you saw with the ' '  though.However, i tested, with the Bitvise ssh server on windows, that works just fine. I have no issues, downloading or uploading using that tool, please find the link below, which has the steps on how to use Bitvise tool:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Monitoring-Management-Location/How-to-upload-a-file-on-Airwave-8-2-4-from-Windows-machine/ta-p/303145

before Installing this tool, make sure you uninstall solar winds or in the services.msc, you stop the solarwinds service and check the starting process is set to Manual. if it is set to automatic, it might automatically start.

hope this helps.

--