Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

SSH access to AP wrongly provisioned ap.

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  SSH access to AP wrongly provisioned ap.

Posted May 21, 2019 01:49 AM

I managed to typo controllers ip when I provisioned ap. It seems that I can connect it with SSH because I know the static ip but ap won't accept any password. So is there way to access to AP when it has static ip but it is not associated with controller?

• 2.  RE: SSH access to AP wrongly provisioned ap.
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 21, 2019 03:53 AM

You'll need to attach a console cable to it and remove the configuration it will be written to flash, this will be checked before DHCP/ADP/DNS. .

However that being said, if the mistyped IP is free and you can create another interface/VRRP on the controller with the mistyped IP address. This will allow the AP to reach the controller and you can then provision again with the correct IP.

• 3.  RE: SSH access to AP wrongly provisioned ap.

Posted May 21, 2019 05:35 AM

Thank you for the reply.

I think that I managed to provision AP with static ip and ADP so new interface would not do the trick. I thought that it would be possible to connect to individual AP because it gives a prompt when trying SSH from the controller. Anyway I need to reset the AP. I just hope that it is not installed to any high warehouse...