Network Management

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Setting up Airwave

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Setting up Airwave

Posted Dec 13, 2017 10:43 AM

We've recently purchased Airwave licenses (Aruba AirWave 1 Device Lic E-LTU) and have setup an Airwave Server. I am able to get to the WebUI but it doesn't appear I am able to do anything without licenses being present. When I go to the HPE site to redeem those licenses it's asking for a server IP. I was sort of handed this project mid development so I am a little a lost in terms of documentation. Does the AMP require a public facing IP in order for the licenses to be redeemed? I am currently unable to do anything with the web portal.

Thanks for any insight on the matter!

• 2.  RE: Setting up Airwave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 13, 2017 06:03 PM

The permanent license key requires an IP address.  This is usually mapped to the eth0 interface.  So if you can login to the CLI, you can double check.

For AMP 8.2.3 and prior

# ifconfig eth0

For AMP 8.2.4 and newer

Option 8 (advanced)

Option 3 (configure network settings)

And then 0 to exit w/o making any changes

Once you have the IP, you can just submit it to support to get the permanent key.

• 3.  RE: Setting up Airwave

Posted Dec 19, 2017 10:56 AM

Are there temporary licenses that we receive in order to get the server off the ground? I see you mentioned permenant licenses. In order to get the permanent licenses I have to have a public facing IP or do I use the private IP that we assigned to the server interface?

Thanks again for the clarification

• 4.  RE: Setting up Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2017 11:43 AM

The private ip address that you configured on the Airwvave server is what you will need for a permanent license.

• 5.  RE: Setting up Airwave

Posted Dec 19, 2017 02:03 PM

Thanks for the help, we're moving forward now, thank you

• 6.  RE: Setting up Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2017 10:19 PM

@gntoto wrote:

We've recently purchased Airwave licenses (Aruba AirWave 1 Device Lic E-LTU) and have setup an Airwave Server. I am able to get to the WebUI but it doesn't appear I am able to do anything without licenses being present. When I go to the HPE site to redeem those licenses it's asking for a server IP. I was sort of handed this project mid development so I am a little a lost in terms of documentation. Does the AMP require a public facing IP in order for the licenses to be redeemed? I am currently unable to do anything with the web portal.

Thanks for any insight on the matter!

Never mind. Didnt see the above posts :) 

• 7.  RE: Setting up Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2017 12:17 PM

In the future, support should be able to spin a 30-day eval key for you to get the setup going prior to swapping to the permanent license key.  It gives you some flexibility.  This is also the strategy used when migrating to a new server where you get an eval key to stage the new server prior to migration.