Network Management

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Sub Interfaces on Aruba APs?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Sub Interfaces on Aruba APs?

Posted Mar 06, 2018 02:56 PM

I need to route traffic through my APs based on which SSID the clients connect to and need to do it based on which IP address shows as the gateway (AP IP).  Is it possible to create a sub interface so that I can assign two IPs on the same subnet to the AP and link them to certain SSIDs?

• 2.  RE: Sub Interfaces on Aruba APs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 06, 2018 03:39 PM

Is this a controller-based deployment, or an Instant-Based deployment?

• 3.  RE: Sub Interfaces on Aruba APs?

Posted Mar 06, 2018 03:53 PM

I'm using Virtual Controllers based in the Aruba Central Solution.

• 4.  RE: Sub Interfaces on Aruba APs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 06, 2018 04:07 PM

If I am hearing you correctly, you can assign different SSIDs to different VLANs and if it is configured as a Network-Defined VLAN, it will trunk users to different VLANs on the same AP, depending on the VLAN number in the SSID.

• 5.  RE: Sub Interfaces on Aruba APs?

Posted Mar 15, 2018 10:57 AM

yes, i can get that to work, however, the traffic still looks like its coming from one IP (the AP's IP) regardless of which SSID the client connects to.  I need to route the traffic based on its IP through the rest of me network.  Which settings do i have to use on the AP to have the packets show a different source IP based on which SSID they come from?  I'm using Local DHCP scopes.  Should i be using one of the other two types?